Monday 4 May 2015

MTV: CREATIVE BRIEF

In preparation for my MTV interview the email detailed information about a creative brief to be completed for a presentation. Below is the email and the outcomes I produced for the brief.


Hi

Please find below details of 3 tasks, all of which you will need to complete and present on the Assessment day. You will have 5 minutes to present your work followed by a few minutes for you to answer any questions, so please think about how you approached the brief, which choices you made and why.

CREATIVE BRIEF

This brief is split into 3 tasks. Please spend no longer than 40mins in total on tasks 2+3.

TASK ONE:

Create a 5-15 second MTV Ident for instagram.
You must include the MTV logo and a link back to our website.

You can do a generic ident OR base it around one of the following themes: Goth Day OR Sunglasses Day OR Burger Day ORSay Something Nice Day OR  World Turtle Day OR Geek Pride Day

Format: GIF, mp4 or mov

Dimensions:  1000x1000 pixels



Concept


I made between the brief was the theme of summer, this is a season that is personal to myself as it being my favourite season and the season I was born in! I decided to go ahead with the sunglasses day ident and create a fun stop motion video where the glasses would move and dance across the page.

Initial ideas

In search of some sunglasses I found some great pairs from primark, with ones that even said summer so I started to experiment with taking some images and comiling them together to make different gifs.







(thanks to my mum for helping me out on this one!)




from my initial developments in my room I then decided to push these ideas further at university and utilising the resources at hand.


Development


One




The first idea was to use people wearing the sunglasses evoking emotions of excitement and themes that the glasses represented to show a personalised tone of voice for 'sunglasses day'. 




(Cheers to the BAGD course for getting involved!)




Two





The second development I used some photography equipment and some coloured card to extend the idea of sunglasses popping up in the same position.





Three

For the third development I experimented further with moving the sunglasses around the page like they were dancing to create a more fun and engaging indent.



















Final

For the final element I combined the stop motion images and some music to really add to the indent which is used in most of the one's on their Instagram.





Overview

I think the outcome i've produced is fun and engaging and reaches the MTV audience, I think I have taken a slight risk in doing something that is not something that isn't digital. However it reflects that I am versatile in my practice and was a new skill I have obtained in doing stop motion.


TASK TWO:

Choose one of the following themes. Source 10 images based on this theme. Each picture must be resized to 650 pixels wide. Please bring images saved on a laptop, tablet or memory stick, ready to present. 

‘Emma Watson – Best Looks’
’Hottest Celebrity Couples of All Time’
‘Justin Bieber – Through The Years’
‘Taylor Swift’s most awkward moments’


Justin Bieber – Through The Years


I collected a series of images of Justin Bieber as a child growing into a man for this brief to see how much he has changed.
























TASK THREE

Please create vector illustrations of any two of the following:

a)      an ice lolly
b)      a turtle
c)      a pencil
d)      a burger
e)      a beach ball
f)       a cocktail
g)      watermelon
h)      parasol
i)       crab

Concept

This initial brief was the one that I was most worried about as I am not really confident in illustration of vector design. However with a few hours of practice and development I found that it was a lot easier than I initially anticipated!

In keeping with the summer theme, I chose to create an ice lolly and a watermelon for my vectors, as these are items generally eaten in this season.


Development




Final





From my developments I chose these designs as my finals as I thought these reflected the target audience perfectly and the bright bold colours were influenced by the MTV brand.

Overview

I have never had the task of creating something prior to an interview so this was a scary prospect in not only designing but the idea of having to potentially present it. Although I have done this throughout my practice, it is something I haven't experienced in a professional setting. With that said I think I really considered the target audience and MTV aesthetic in the production of this brief and I hope that they like it. This creative brief has challenged my comfort zone as a designer in creating vectors and indents which is something I also have never done before, however I now have the knowledge to do it in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment