Wednesday 13 May 2015

MTV: REVIEW AND FEEDBACK

Today I received an email detailing me on the success of my application, following my interview. Unfortunately I didn't get the placement at MTV and although this is disappointing, I am so proud of myself (not being big headed) for getting as far as I did and having such a big industry interested in my work!


(emails have not been posted for privacy reasons)


From the email I thought I would ask for feedback as it detailed that I could. For my professional and personal development I thought it would be essential to get some feedback from one of the biggest music and entertainment agencies to take forward for future opportunities and interviews.


Feedback

I received a phone call from Charlotte who gave me all the information about the interview from this phone call I wrote down some notes.

  • Congratulations on coming as far as you did, just wanted to say a big thank you for coming down.
  • This might upset you, but you was our second choice and it was between you and one other person from who we interviewed.
  • Your portfolio was amazing and we loved your indent that you produced.
  • You were really professional in your presence and your work.
  • The only reason you didn't get the role over the other participant was because they showed more passion for the brand.



Overview

To find out I was the SECOND applicant for the position was amazing, I have used that word so many times, but it was, out of thousands of people I just missed the boat and I am not taking it negatively. I definitely have a lot of passion for the MTV brand but in my previous post I did mention I was nervous and this might have been a factor in me not really showing this side when I was asked certain questions, to know that this was the only factor made me feel disappointed in myself because I always try and show my personality! However now identifying this I will never make that mistake again and just learn to chill out in interviews and be more confident. But to know that my portfolio was 'amazing' and they're was not feedback on how I could improve it, was a great confidence boost and made me feel confidence in my design practice.

I told the MTV staff that I will see them in the future and I will keep applying because I see myself working there one day! So with the experience I have obtained from my first interview I can now take that onto future ones. With leaving a personalised portfolio and my contact details I am now in contact with the creative director and staff of MTV which is a great connection to have for the future and I am pleased that I did do this.

Overall it was an great opportunity and experience, and it has given me the drive and passion to continue to work hard and achieve my goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment