Friday 30 January 2015

TDR: EVALUATION

Overview

The process of creating a design for a industry professional is an amazing opportunity, however to consider who they are as a person and design something that communicates to their personal tastes and desires was quite a challenge
.

The research process significantly informed the design, as the client wasn't someone I could interview. So finding secondary sources was what fuelled the creative process.

What skills have you developed through this brief and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

Working to a vague brief and trying to emulate what a person wants with little no information was quite difficult. 
The research skills where applied effectively to the design through sourcing the designers passions in music in the form of a gig poster. 

The design not only visually represented Ian Andersons interests but contextually linked to his personal life with the design sourcing the tour dates to his home town of Sheffield.

What approaches / methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?


The methods of design production I have developed is my research skills, with only having a small knowledge about Ian as a designer, it was my task to find out who he was as a person and what he liked.

I tried a selection of secondary methods to find information about Ian through online interviews, videos and article which informed the design process through acknowledging his interest and formulating a design catered to him.
What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

The strengths within my work is working with type and imagery, this is something prevalent in my practice and I will capitalise on this by experimenting and progressing with it in every brief. 

An alternative method of capitalisation would be to inform this practice by going to workshops to develop my skills further.

What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

A weakness I can Identify in my work is trying to alter imagery that is of a low DPI, in some cases the artwork can look quite pixilated but due to the imagery being quite old it was hard to source it at a high resolution

To address this in the future I will consider alternative imagery to use or look into workshops that can inform me on how to restore older images to ensure my work is print and web safe.

Identify things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

I would possibly think of an alternative method of delivery aside from email, although the design was successful, I think I could of printed out the design and personally sent it to Ian.

Finally, to not get shingles and miss the workshop! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment