Monday 11 May 2015

PPP: PRINT DEVELOPMENT

From my proposed deliverables, I decided to start designing my potential promotional material now that I had a logo selected. I will work in black and white for my designs as I want to experiment with coloured and alternative stocks for my branding, influenced by my research into personal identities.


Business Cards

In my research into business cards I knew I wanted a portrait design to reflect editorial qualities and with my finalised logo, I thought this would be the most appropriate aesthetically due to the length of the letter forms.


    








I then wanted to experiment with adding the dots from m logo to work as a negative for splitting up the information.










 I experimented with weight and placement to see what would work best for the portrait layout.







I started trying to introduced a dotted pattern, but I remembered this was something I wanted to deflect from in my personal branding this year, also it made the cards look inconsistent.





So I decided to reflect and refine the negative logo design further.



Final



From my developments I chose this as my final design, I think it really reflects and editorial quality with the typography and layout. I really liked the concept of having the dots on the other side as a negative from my logo to represent the music notes, and it looks like fashion of the front with a subtle contextual hint of music on the back.




Creative CV


For my creative CV I wanted to incorporates a magazine editorial style layout, I decided to list all the achievement and work in an alphabetised formate to write about myself, like and index of information about myself. I wanted to keep my CV simple as I have plans to experiment on different stocks and want it to be legible throughout.

I decided to break down the content of my CV into sections, which includes the following.



About

J’nae (Louise Saunders) Fox, is a Graphic Designer and Art Director based in Manchester and Leeds.
Her passions and talents lie within Art Direction, Branding and Editorial, with an avid interest in the music and fashion sector.  A type and image driven designer who loves bold colours, clean layouts and eye catching photography. She is a enthusiastic, driven and is completely immersed in the
creative world.

Craft

Lasercut
Installations
Screen Printing
Foiling

Education

2015
Leeds College of Art
BA (hons) Graphic Design

2012
Pendleton College
Graphic Design - A
Photography - A

Exhibitions

2015
Re-Mix 
Solo Exhibition, Leeds

2014
Yoke 
Dialogue, Leeds 

Interests

Art Direction
Graphic Design
Branding
Photography
Music
Travel


Press

2015
Branding Served, Ascender
Online Feature

2014
Yorkshire Evening Post, Holbeck Village
Newspaper Report


Skills

Adobe Creative Suite
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Adobe Illustrator CS6
Adobe Indesign CS6
Adobe Dreamweaver CS6

Work Experience

2014
Design Intern
Pin Studios, Manchester

2013
Junior Graphic Designer
Fibre Magazine, Manchester

2012
Junior Graphic Designer
La Vida Magazine, Manchester





With m content established, I started my CV by taking influence from some fashion editorial design I have researched and created a grid where I could display my information. I initially worked in a landscape format for the content of my website.



     



I decided to add lines between the type to break up the content and make it more readable.











I then decided to change the colour to black so the logo was more legible across a white background and considering other stocks this colour might be hard to identify.








Using an alternative grid, I then created a portrait version of my portfolio for printed paraphernalia.


Final








For my final designs I created portrait and landscape versions of my CV so that it would be transferable across print and digital media and added my additional contact details so my audience could contact and see more of my work. 

I really like the editorial element I have introduced that experiments with type and having a alphabetised CV allows my audience to look for certain things they want to know about me the most. The grid and layout type also connects with the positioning of my layout and overall I think it work harmoniously.


Letterhead

For my letterhead I wanted to transfer my branding across these platforms and create some simple and classic. With my research into letterheads I knew the necessary information included home address, telephone number, name and alternative contact details. With this in mind I started to experiment with the layout of this trying to consider the style of my other printed material and to keep a uniform style.







add images



Publication Portfolio

For one of the features of my personal branding was to include a printed portfolio that I could had out to clients as an alternative for my editorial design and branding interests.

From my presentation I took a lot of layout influence from this and transferred them into this publication, that highlights 6 of my projects from my portfolio that details what the brief was about and small development stages. I also included my logo and creative CV as the cover to link simultaneously with my brand identity.





Having another physical item is a nice incentive to give my clients and potential employes. Making something physical has proven successful in the past with me obtaining one of my placements by doing.



Overview

Overall I am really pleased with the printed paraphernalia I have produced considering my plans for the future I think this is the right amount for my practice so far excluding my digital presence. Now I will have to test and experiment with printing and stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment