Saturday 28 March 2015

MTV: INTERNSHIP APPLICATIONS

One of biggest my ambitions this year, was to work for MTV and this weekend, I randomly stubbled across some job opportunities on their online website and knew I had to apply! It must have been fate, because I only had one day to apply for some of the positions with the deadlines being on the 29th of March. The jobs are based in London, Camden and start on June 15th, with interviews in early May. The internships last for 12 months with a salary of 17,800 + per annum.


MTV Marketing Intern

I applied for a marketing position at MTV because the application talked about having skills in photoshop, social media and branding. Which are avid interests of mine and where my talents lie. 




The application involved answering a series of questions that would enable you to the next stage with finally uploading a CV and other information forms. Below is the CV I sent, and although we have had some talks on how to create a creative CV, for this particular job I thought it would be most appropriate to keep it quite clean and corporate due to the fact that I didn't know the context in which it may be displayed. If the CV was going to be printed out I didn't want it to be illegible and I also did this due to the small amount of time.












For my CV, I decided to keep it quite corporate for this position, as I didn't know the context in which it would be used. I initially used bold coloured background and fonts, but I had to consider if this was going to printed and would be legible if it was getting passed round the office.



Viacom Design & Creative Intern

Another opportunity within the MTV Website was to be a design and creative intern for viacom, who own mtv, comedy central and nickelodeon. This opportunity would be a amazing as it had an array of links within the music and entertainment industry which is a field I want to work in. Again, I followed the same process for the previous application.












Editorial Art Intern

After applying for two positions that I really wanted, I found another one for an editorial art intern, this application was the perfect mix between editorial design and art direction which are fields I excel in, so I had to apply for this one really quickly before the deadline.







For this application I had to attach a 5 page pdf of some of my work, unfortunately the website crashed and I had to send a link to a we transfer account and my cargo collective.









On reflection for this application I saw that the deadline wasn't for the 29th and was for the 4th of April, so I tried to apply for this position again, in a more professional manner but due to me already submitting once I couldn't, do it again.


Overview

Overall applying for these jobs were done it quick turn around and I wish I had more time to refine certain features like my CV and digital portfolio, however I am really happy that i have done this and I hope I have the opportunity to work this amazing organisation! If I don't make it to the next stage at least I now have knowledge of when and how to apply for future reference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment