Tuesday 7 April 2015

PPP: THIS IS WHERE I LEAVE YOU — PERSONAL FEEDBACK

Today I received an email from University Tutor and PPP module associate John Watters about my presentation with some personal feedback on what he picked up on in my presentation and how I did.




Below is the message from the email transcribed.


'Hi J'nae.

This is my ‘personal' feedback for your Level 06 PPP Presentation, I have graded and sent to Amber this last week.
Have a good break,

John


J’nae Saunders                                                                                                                                                                      

J’nae is a well organised and professional creative. Always networking and attending events that will inform her practice. Not shy. This is very important for now and especially the future, as communication is a prime consideration working to secure the best outcomes.

A very reflective presentation that illustrates her progress and engagement withe the 3 year course, plus her over and above enthusiasm that fuels her work and her outlook on life. In level 04 she already did not see Illustration and typography ‘floating her boat’ and engaged on all the workshops, print understanding and context within her work.

By level 05 a realisation of a strengthening interest in Branding and the print processes.The importance of product, range and distribution, again informed her practice beneficially. Enjoying Art Direction and networking with effect, Working placement with LA VIDA magazine in Manchester, an offer from FIBRE magazine and PIN STUDIOS. J’nae has a great manifesto and strong vision for her future and the future of our industry. 

Always talking to people to inform her practice and gain more insight into becoming a more than competent editorial designer. Collaboration is what we do day to day, whether it’s asking if someone takes sugar in their coffee or constructing a brief with a client, briefing a printer/photographer etc. …but for a reason that is.

Always consider your work, life balance as your life informs your practice and the reverse so enjoy and grow. Feel the sun on your skin, the fresh air in your lungs and go for the things you want. No can mean maybe

John W'


Overview

The feedback from John was extremely positive and was nice to receive some feedback on how I did on my presentation! with him summing up the presentation and highlighting what I explained it allowed me to see how much I have grown on the course over the past 3 years and I have really changed my outlook on design and they way interact with it. I have become more confident and passionate through being on this course and I am really excited for what the future brings. With this feedback I will continue to apply this attitude to all aspects of design and the PPP module.

No comments:

Post a Comment