Monday 11 May 2015

MTV: PERSONALISED PORTFOLIO

In preparation for my interview I spoke to John about some queries I had on what to expect at the interview, I expressed I wanted to create a series of things I could give to the MTV staff as a thank you and an insight about me as a designer.





From our talk John liked the idea of me leaving something behind so I aimed to create a mini portfolio / publication, personalised to MTV. In creating this I will included the development of my personal branding so far. From my printed portfolio I simply translated my presentation boards onto the publication and added some development stages to the briefs as an insight into how I work.






Mock Print





Before printing the final design I did a mock print to ensure the type was at the right size and spelling.


Final Print

A photographic documentation of the process of creating the publication.




Cover

I decided to print my CV on truegrain to go over a bold colourful stock to represent my fun personality and to test out branding colours because I haven't yet confirmed these.





Bind

I stab stitch bound the publication as it was too thick to staple which I didn't initially anticipate and was done at the last minuet which compromised the stock, unfortunately.


Final









Overview

The final production stages for my publication where really rushed unfortunately due to the print room not being open on the day I booked a slot and having to catch a coach to London. This was out of my control and although the publication and images of the final design where not to my desired outcome I am pleased that I have created at least something for the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment