Monday 14 April 2014

END OF MODULE EVALUATION: OUGD503 - COLLABORATIVE PRACTICE

The D&AD Asos brief has been a really fun and interesting brief. Over the course of working with my collaborative partner I have acquired new skills in how to use software and experimented with things I have not felt confident in before, which has helped me grow and develop as a designer.

In doing this brief I think I took on a more art direction role with the organisation of the photo shoot, looks and cross course collaboration which is something I am more confident in now than before. I think that in doing this I have gained a lot of new contacts that want to work again with me in future which is really beneficial.

Myself and my partner chose the brief because we have very similar interests in music, fashion and events and I think this is a main factor in how we thought of a good concept, due to our knowledge and passion on the subject.

Althought the brief has been a experience there has been a lot of ups and downs which can be expected in any collaboration. I feel like myself and my creative partner have different work ethics but with us combined we achieve what we could to the best of our ability. There are small factors such as time management  reading over the brief in depth and roles that could have been more refined in our collaboration. 

One example of this was when we created the prop for the ASOS shoot and painted it in our signature green colour, if we had read over the branding guidelines in depth we would have known  that the logo couldn't have been changed and would of let us use more of our images that had impact.

Also we spent a lot of time trying to find someone to programme our app and focused on the printed material which was not something that was a mandatory. I think this showed that we wanted to push the brief further but it was essential for us to focus on the main task at hand, which was something I talked about with my partner and it enabled us to complete our work to a good standard.

Compared to previous group briefs I have been more assertive, I think is something I still need to work on in order to feel like a project is going in the right direction.

In doing this brief it has sparked an even bigger interest for me to work in a art directive role in the future, and was the main reason I joint a graphic design course. Putting these roles into play has made me realise what I want to achieve in the future.

Overall I have had a lot of fun working with my partner, there have been some really good idea's shared and developed and even if we don't win a yellow pencil i'm proud of what we have achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment