Thursday 27 February 2014

PPP 2: ASOS CROSS - CREATIVE COLLABORATION

One of my roles in the collaborative brief was to organise and contact people to work with for the project. 

Models / Creatives

For the photo shoot I sent out a casting call on model mayhem for make - up artists and models. There was a wide interest in the shoot however many of the people who replied didn't fit in with what me and my collaborative partner wanted.





On the website I did find a make - up artist who wanted to collaborate with us on the brief and was willing to do the shoot for free as long as she was credited and received some of the images. 





This was really good in regards to mine and my partners budget for the brief and would enable our shots to look professional.

Although I wasn't successful in finding models from the casting call, I decided to contact reputable agencies for the photo shoot. 

I firstly contact Boss Models in manchester which are a really successful agency with good models. I was able to book Olivia for a test shoot which also saved myself and my partner a lot of money.



I then contacts another agency in Manchester called Jadore were I found another model Jason who was also available for a test shoot.



I then started to contact some freelance models that I knew which were all happy to contribute. I created a small chart of the models for my partner to look at and he was happy with the one's I had selected.

I was really pleased with the models selected and think the looks I have created will look really good on them all.

Photography

After sharing the looks with my partner on what the models could wear and their assigned looks we decide to create a chart of how many looks were needed for the design. For the photo shoot we also decided to outsource a photographer, and we chose Oscar Lawrence who is studying photography and is in his second year. By out sourcing a photographer the shots would look more professional.

Location

The location for the photo shoot was originally going to be in the infinity cove studio in university. Myself and Rinesh decided after organising the time we had free and the photo's we wanted that we should book out the studio. Unfortunately due to construction all the photography studio's were being shut down until April so we had to find another alternative.

The tutor suggested that if we had a free studio space that he would be happy to help us set up some lights and a backdrop. So we decided to ask Phil and Simon if we could use studio 3 in the graphics area, after this was confirmed we booked this space and let all the models and creatives now about the dates and times for the photo shoot.

Clothing

I started sorting out clothes for the photo shoot and piecing together looks to order from Asos.


However, when starting to add up all the looks and items the total came to £180. Although the clothes were going to be returned and just used for the photo shoot this was not within our budget for the photo shoot.


We then decided to go for an alternative and buy less items and ask the models to bring a few of the items we didn't have to still make up for the photo shoot.

__

The organisation of the photo shoot has taken a lot of out sourcing, which I think is a good way of getting to make contacts with people in professional fields. I think by me and Rinesh collaborating with more creatives will benefit our work and make it look more professional. I also feel my communication skills as a individual have improved from doing this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment