Wednesday 30 April 2014

PPP 2: LOGO

For my logo I wanted to incorporate my initials and the apostrophe in my name, as I think this is quite a unique factor in my identity as a designer. I decided to draw up some thumbnails of potential outcomes and the start digitally experimenting with fonts to see what I could produce.

Thumbnails



I drew out a range of thumbnail ideas on what I could potentially produce, and from these designs I wanted to experiment with both my full name and my initials. I then started to experiment with these digitally using a multitude of fonts to see which one best fit me.

Champagne and Limousines ::





Didot ::





Coco ::



Various ::





Highlander ::




Shape Tool ::

After a range of potential experiments I decided to have a go at creating my own logotype using the shape tools in illustrator. I wanted to create something that was quite sophisticated and editorial looking, so I looked at other similar fonts such as kings gambit and didot.




After creating this design I felt that it looked well visually, but when considering it's readability there was a chance of possible miscommunication wight he spelling of my name and this something I wanted to stay away from.


Kings Gambit ::

I then started to experiment further with kings gambit again as I really liked the letterforms and thought that the style was quite sophisticated.









Collection ::

After looking at the different experiments as a whole I felt that I wane using really decorative font's and that I was loosing the message that I wanted to consider initially.






I then reflected back to my thumbnails and decided to take more simplistic approach to my design. I looked into a font that I have been experimenting a lot with this year which is Baron Neue and decided to go ahead with this font.

Baron Neue ::

Considering wanting to make my design structure and easy to read my name I decided to work with a square format, to also show my taste for geometric design. 





After choosing a decided style I decided to choose the square design as my final outcome 

Final Design ::




I chose this design for my final design as I feel it breaks down my name and include dmy first and last name in a consistent structure. It's simplistic and legible so it works across a multitude of platforms which will be easy for me to apply to a range of material. After a lot of debate I am glad that I went through this development process and have created something that I think is bold and represents me.


No comments:

Post a Comment